There are many starting home business ideas and as a rule you can divide such ideas into 2 categories. One is working for someone in the form of telecommuting. The other is starting a home business in order to market your own product or selling products of others.
1. Actually there are many examples of people who do telecommuting. A good example of this would be a virtual assistant.
As a virtual assistant you stay at home and do things for a business as opposed to going into an office and working for them. Depending on your time demand you might be able to work for more than one company doing this.
This type of work involves handling things for a business such as email, answering the telephone, typing, and may even include some internet marketing. If you have computer skills and access to the Internet you can start your own home business as a virtual assistant.
2. Another example of something you can do that is more home business oriented is taking paid surveys. Companies will pay you for your opinion and you can make money doing this around your own schedule.
Some people really turn this into a full time business. Generally you will need to take surveys and occasionally sample products. To earn more money you can refer new members to various survey programs and that way increase your income into the full-time range.
3. Some companies will pay you to enter data for them. Data entry jobs are available in various forms. If you like to type you can make money filling out forms, posting in discussion forums, posting blog comments, and so on.
4. eBay. More millionaires have been created buying and selling products on eBay than any other way on the Internet. Today the majority of your work can be done from home and you can turn this into a full-time business participating in various auctions.
5. Affiliate marketing business. Affiliate programs are generally free to join and you can make money in various ways. You can sell products in both physical and digital information format.
You can also get paid for getting leads for businesses. Google will even pay you to post ads from the Google AdSense program. All this can be done easily from home and this can be part of your home business.
You can also Google search the keyword phrase “work from home business ideas”; and visit some of the websites that come up. You will be amazed at the many different ways that people are making money working from home today. Finding one that appeals to you is not hard to do and getting started is generally easy as well.